Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Aussie Hero Quilts Part 2

Last week we were lucky enough to have Jan-Maree from Aussie Hero Quilts speak to us at the guild meeting.  Here's what she said about us on her blog.
I arrived in Melbourne on Thursday and that night I was the guest speaker at the North of the Yarra Quilt Group.  What a lovely, friendly bunch of ladies.  I was assisted in my presentation by Sue N who has been sewing for us for some time now.  Sue showed the quilts that she has made for HMAS Toowoomba crew members which saved me from taking quilts to show. I did take three quilt tops with me and a laundry bag to show.  There were lots of questions about the quilts and laundry bags so hopefully we have got a few new quilters now.  One lady made a point of talking to me as her husband is ex-Royal Navy and so she understood immediately the benefit of what we do.  She has already promised to get involved.  
Here are some of the pictures I took on Thursday night




1 comment:

Jo said...

Hi, I would like to know more about donating the bags / quilts.
I hope yo get to one of you gatherings next month